Eggs are well known as “nature’s multivitamin”. They contain unique antioxidants and nutrients that many people are deficient in.
Here are 6 reasons why eggs are the healthiest food on the planet.
1. Whole Eggs are Among the Most Nutritious Natural Foods on Earth
One large egg contains:
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin): 9% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): 15% of the RDA.
- Vitamin A: 6% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid): 7% of the RDA.
- Selenium: 22% of the RDA.
- Eggs also contain small amounts of almost every vitamin and mineral required by the human body… including calcium, iron, potassium, zinc, manganese, Vitamin E, Folate and many more.
2. Eggs Improve Your Cholesterol
Studies show that eggs actually improve the cholesterol profile. They raise HDL (the good) cholesterol and increase the size of LDL particles, which should lower the risk of heart disease
3. Eggs are Good Brain Food
Choline is an essential nutrient that 90% of people in the U.S. aren’t getting enough of. Egg yolks are an excellent source of choline.
4. Eggs Contain Quality Proteins
Eggs are an excellent source of protein, with all the essential amino acids in the right ratios.
5. Eggs Protect Your Eyes
Eggs are very high in the antioxidants Lutein and Zeaxanthin, which can drastically reduce the risk of Macular Degeneration and Cataracts.
6. Eggs Help with Weight Loss
Eggs contain only trace amounts of carbohydrates, but plenty of protein and fat.