Aioli dressing goes with just about anything! Perfect with grilled fish, fries and all types of meats.
Write a review
- 1/2 of a small clove of garlic - peeled
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 600ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Lemon juice
- Crush the garlic with 1 teaspoon of salt in a pestle and mortar.
- Place the egg yolk and mustard in a small bowl and whisk together until mixed, then start to add in your olive oil slowly.
- After you have blended in about a quarter of the olive oil you can add in the rest in larger portions.
- Once all the oil is in the mix, add the garlic and lemon juice and any extra flavours you choose.
- Season to taste with sea salt, fresh pepper and add in more lemon juice if required.
- Try adding lemon or basil to your aioli, which goes perfectly with salads, grilled fish and roast chicken or pork, and perfect with salmon.
I Love Eggs http://eggs.org.nz/