- 4 eggs
- 1 large bunch of rocket, trimmed
- 400g can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered* (optional)
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata black olives
- 100g chargrilled capsicum, cut into thin strips (Available in jars in the International food section of your supermarket or at your local deli)
- 200g small cherry or jelly bean tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, finely sliced lengthways
- 400g can Cannellini beans, rinse and drained
- 1 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp white balsamic vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp shredded basil leaves
- Place the eggs into a saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to the boil, then uncover and start timer for 10 minutes. Drain and cool in cold water immediately, then peel.
- Arrange the rocket, artichokes, olives, capsicum, tomatoes, onion and beans into shallow bowls or plates. Cut the eggs into quarters and arrange on top.
- In a small bowl or jug, whisk the oil, vinegar and mustard together with a fork. Drizzle over the salads then sprinkle the freshly cut basil over the top. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- *You can substitute canned tuna for the artichokes if you prefer for taste or for more protein.
- Recipe and image source and credit: Australian Egg Corporation.