Who can resist the fantastic taste of spring and fresh asparagus. Boiling them quickly in water first gives you a head start in this recipe, but be careful not to overcook it as it will finish cooking in the mixture.
Write a review
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4 rashers of bacon chopped
- 1 Bunch Asparagus
- 1 cup freshly chopped mixed herbs (eg parsley, basil)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- Fry the chopped bacon
- Meanwhile boil the asparagus in water for 3 minutes then cool in cold running water.
- We peeled the asparagus, which gives a much brighter green colour.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and add half the cheese and herbs.
- Season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add to the pan.
- Cook on a low heat for 5-6 minutes moving the egg regularly so that the runny egg ours onto the pan surface.
- Lay the asparagus spears on top Sprinkle over remaining cheese, then place frying pan under the grill and cook the frittata for 3-5 minutes or until set and golden.
- Serve hot or cold, with salad, sauces or relish. Salt and pepper to taste.
I Love Eggs http://eggs.org.nz/