Bacon and Egg Cups
A cheesy egg mixture nests inside a slice of bacon or ham, crisped just slightly at the edges, to create this delicious breakfast dish. A new single serve innovation on the Bacon and Egg pie! Bake these cups in the oven or heat in the microwave and ready in just a few minutes.
Write a review
- 1 slice bacon or ham
- 1 small green onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp shredded light Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) low fat plain yoghurt or sour cream
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 tsp fresh parsley - chopped (optional)
- To make in microwave: Spray 300 mL microwave-safe ramekin or custard cup with cooking spray. Place bacon or ham slice in ramekin. Sprinkle green onion and 1 tbsp cheese over top. Whisk eggs, yogurt and pepper in a small bowl until blended; pour into ramekin. Sprinkle remaining cheese and parsley, if desired, over top. Cover loosely with plastic wrap, turning it back slightly to vent.
- Microwave on Medium-High (70% power) until cooked as desired, 2-1/2 to 3 minutes. Remove from microwave; let stand, covered, for 1 minute.
- Remove plastic wrap carefully and serve.
- To make in oven: Follow directions above, sprinkling only cheese over egg mixture before baking. Bake uncovered, in a preheated 200˚C oven until puffed, golden and cooked, approx 25 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle parsley on top to serve.
- Use a microwaveable-safe mug or cup instead of a ramekin.
- Eggs are packed full of goodness and many natural vitamins and minerals so essential for maintaining good health for all ages, and gram-packed full of natural protein to keep you fuller longer. For more delicious recipes and to register for free monthly recipe newsletters, e-recipe books, how to videos, health and nutritional information and more visit www.eggs.org.nz
- Recipe Credit: Egg Farmers of Canada
I Love Eggs http://eggs.org.nz/