Anything cooked quickly, and all in one dish, has to be a winner. Baked eggs make my list for the best egg recipes because they would grace our table in some way every weekend. Whether you're eating rancheros or Moroccan style baked eggs, they are simply awesome!
Write a review
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ½ tsp Moroccan spice rub
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- Good handful of spinach
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 eggs
- 4 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes with the Moroccan spice rub and half the oil. Place on a roasting tray and roast for 10 minutes or until just beginning to collapse.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and add two-thirds of the spring onions. Cook until they become soft. Add the spinach and season with salt and pepper. Combine, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Divide the tomatoes between 4 ramekins and top with the spinach and spring onion mix. Crack an egg on top and sprinkle over the cheese and remaining spring onions. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Great with toasted sourdough bread!
- Use any seasoning you like - Italian is just as good.
- A splash of Tabasco sauce to serve is superb also.
I Love Eggs http://eggs.org.nz/