Quiche is always popular, even with blokes! It's also very versatile, you can substitute ingedients as you like.
Write a review
- 1 x 20cm deep dish pie shell, unbaked or 1 sheet of frozen shortcrust pastry
- 6 x Size 6 or 7 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1 cup diced cooked vegetables (peas, beans, carrots, corn)
- 1/2 cup diced cooked chicken, bacon, ham or Chorizo sausage
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Fresh herbs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Sprinkle cooked vegetables and chicken (or bacon, ham or Chorizo sausage) into the pie shell.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, cheese and seasoning.
- Pour over filling.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing, garnish with chopped herbs.
I Love Eggs http://eggs.org.nz/