A quick, easy dinner that yields four servings for only $14. Great value and great tasting too!
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, skin off and boneless
- ½ cup flour seasoned with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely sliced
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 eggs and 2 egg yolks
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- Roughly chop the chicken, place in a plastic bag with the seasoned flour, shake until the chicken is well coated.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and gently cook the onion, celery and leek for 12-15 minutes until tender.
- Add the chicken to the pan, increase the heat to medium and cook, turning at times, until well coloured and cooked through.
- Pour in the wine and allow to bubble and reduce.
- Whisk the eggs and egg yolks with the lemon juice and garlic, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Remove the chicken from the heat, pour over the egg mixture and stir until the egg coats the chicken and thickens. You may need to return the pan to a very low heat but make sure you keep stirring as otherwise the eggs can scramble.
- Serve lemon chicken topped with spring onions and sprinkled with combined parsley and lemon.
- Delicious served with steamed rice or pasta.
- Serving Size: 4