Egg and Chicken Salad
A deliciously light and simple salad for a healthy lunch or light dinner.
Write a review
- 1 chicken breast fillet
- 1 x Size 7 egg, soft boiled
- 1 x Romaine or Coz lettuce head
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise or Aioli
- Tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat a pan on medium heat with the olive oil. Cook the chicken breast on a medium heat until cooked through, browning both sides. Cut into long strips.
- To boil the eggs: Put egg(s) in a saucepan and cover with cold water, place on the stove and heat until the water starts to boil and then turn it off. Leave the pot on the stove. Set the timer to 3-4 minutes for runny eggs, 5-6 minutes for soft eggs, 7-8 minutes for hard. Remove from the pot and place eggs in cold water in a side bowl. Peel when cool to touch.
- Wash the lettuce and cut or tear into smaller pieces - or you can leave them whole.
- Place the lettuce leaves on a plate and assemble the cooked chicken strips and the soft boiled eggs on top.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve with mayonnaise or aioli drizzled on top, or on the side.
- The Romaine lettuce can be substituted with any other seasonal lettuces
- For a home made mayonnaise click this link: http://eggs.org.nz/project/mayonnaise/
- Multiply the ingredients for more servings per person
- Tips for Boiling Eggs: http://eggs.org.nz/how-to-cook-eggs/
- Image Credit: Toa Heftiba, Unsplash.
I Love Eggs http://eggs.org.nz/