EGGZA - PIZZA OMELETTE
Liam Duffels turned a humble omelette into an award-winning creation. The New Plymouth Boys’ High School’s creation EGGZA - A pizza omelette cooked... on an egg base instead of a dough base, which won the 2014 Just Cook I Love Eggs Challenge: Feed the Family with Eggs category.
Write a review
- 7 eggs
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 8 basil leaves
- 3 strips cooked bacon or 3 pre cooked sausages
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 Tbsp chives
- 2 cups grated cheese
- Turn the oven onto grill.
- Whisk together eggs in a bowl until smooth.
- Heat a medium 'ovenproof' frying pan on the stove. Add a dash of oil.
- Add the eggs to the hot pan and cook egg mix until the underside is golden, then place under the grill and cook until the top is golden.
- Remove eggs from the pan and place on a baking tray. Cover with half the sauce.
- Place half the bacon or sausages on top of the sauce. Sprinkle over the chives and cheese.
- Place under the grill again and cook until the cheese is melted.
- Tear fresh basil leaves and sprinkle on top.
- Cut into quarters or halves and serve.
I Love Eggs http://eggs.org.nz/