Grilled Asparagus and Poached Eggs
A delicious combination that celebrates spring and the very best of nature's simplicity.
Write a review
- extra virgin olive oil
- 6 spears of fresh asparagus
- 2 large fresh eggs
- Optional: Parmesan Cheese, micro greens, or ground black pepper - to serve
- Bring a pan of water just to the boil then reduce to a light simmer.
- Heat a griddle pan on a high heat.
- Rinse the asparagus and pat dry. Snap the woody ends off and char grill them with a dash of olive oil for a few minutes on each side.
- While the asparagus is grilling, poach the eggs in the water for around 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon remove the cooked eggs and drain each egg, in the spoon on a paper towel, then place egg on top of the grilled asparagus.
- To serve - grate some fresh parmesan on top - or if you prefer, freshly ground black pepper.
- This recipe can also use steamed asparagus, and eggs can be fried if you prefer a crunchy texture.
- Serve on fresh toast for a more substantial breakfast.
I Love Eggs http://eggs.org.nz/