A delicious burger made with home-made healthy oven baked chicken strips. Taste the difference! Great for families, gatherings, students and flats.
- 225g fresh white (or panko) breadcrumbs
- 3 chicken breast fillets
- 6 x eggs
- ½ tsp garlic powder (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Vegetable or Olive Oil Spray
- 3 burger buns or baps
- Fresh lettuce leaves
- Sliced fresh tomatoes
- Aioli or mayonnaise
- Tomato Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Place a large non stick baking tray into the middle of the oven to warm up.
- Cut each chicken breast into 3 even strips.
- Pour the breadcrumbs onto a dinner plate and spread out evenly to about 5mm thickness.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, adding the seasoning – and place in a shallow bowl.
- Dip the chicken strips into the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumbs.
- Repeat by dipping the chicken strips for a second time into the mix and crumbs to get an even thick coating.
- Spray the trait with oil and place the chicken strips onto the hot baking tray and bake in the oven for approximately 10 minutes, remove tray with oven mitts (place safely on the stove top or on a heat proof bench). Spray the strips again with the oil, and return tray to the oven and cook until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- Split and warm the buns for 3 minutes in the oven (or toast separately in a toaster).
- Assemble the burgers on the toasted buns with lettuce, sliced tomatoes, and add the strips and finish with fresh aioli and/or tomato sauce.
- Add some store bought pesto on the strips for extra taste.
- For a deliciously quick and easy Aioli check out these recipes: http://www.eggs.org.nz/project/aioli-4-ways/
- Serving Size: 3