Kiwi Summer Salad with French Dressing
Inspired by the famous Salad Nicoise (Ni-Swaz) we've swapped good ol' Kiwi ham for the traditional tuna. This salad looks just like a New Zealand summer, fresh and wonderful! We've used a few left-over cooked potatoes, beans and lettuce from the garden and of course eggs to make this main course or side salad.
Write a review
- 8 eggs
- 8 previously boiled new potatoes
- 500g ham
- 20 green beans boiled breifly and cooled in cold water
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small head of lettuce or mixed salad leaves
- For the dressing
- 7 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice or wine vinegar
- 0.5 tsp French mustard
- 1 garlic clove peeld and crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- Boil and peel the eggs.
- Lay the lettuce in a salad bowl or 4 divide among individual bowls.
- Add the potatoes, beans, ham and tomatoes.
- Top with the boiled eggs.
- Pour the dressing over the salad (use as much or as little as you like)
- The easiest way to make a salad dressing is to put all of the ingredients in a clean jam jar, put the lid on and shake vigorously.
I Love Eggs http://eggs.org.nz/