Mini Bacon & Egg Pies
Individual pies are great for pic-nics, parties or when ever you like! They cook in less time than a big pie as well.
Write a review
- 12 Size 7 Eggs + 1 extra Egg to wash the pastry
- 1kg puff pastry sheets (shortcrust works well too)
- 150g of bacon, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp oil or butter to grease the mufﬁ n tray
- Heat oven to 200˚ C. Line the individual mufﬁ n tray cups with pastry.
- Sprinkle half of the bacon onto pastry in the tray.
- Crack 1 egg directly into each pie or beat the eggs together in a jug and divide the mixture evenly between the pies.
- Sprinkle the remaining bacon on top of the egg.
- Cut rings of pastry to go on top, and brush with egg wash.
- Prick a few holes in the lid
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 25 mins or until cooked.
- You can make these individual pies any size you like to suit your mufﬁ n tray.
- Cooking time may vary depending on the size of your pies.
- Add a little spring onion, peas or cheese into the eggs mix to suit your own taste.
I Love Eggs http://eggs.org.nz/