Mother's Day Spinach & Bacon Omelette Muffin
A delicious cafe style breakfast that's simple to make at home
Write a review
- 2 size 7 eggs
- 2 tablespoon of water
- 1 rasher of bacon
- 1 English muffin
- 3 or 4 leaves of fresh spinach
- 2 slices of tomato
- 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise
- A little salt & pepper
- Oil or butter for frying
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Grill the bacon and toast the muffin.
- Meanwhile whisk the 2 eggs together with 2 tablespoons of water and a little salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan with a little oil or butter.
- Tip the egg mixture into the hot pan.
- While the egg cooks use a spatula to pull the mixture towards the middle of the pan, then tilt the pan so that the runny egg fills the whole that you’ve made.
- Repeat this until the omelette is no longer runny but still moist on top.
- Add the spinach leaves to one side of the omelette and fold the other side over the top.
- Then fold the omelette again so that you end up with a quarter.
- Assemble by putting the sliced tomato then the bacon on to the base of the muffin.
- Slide the omelette on top of the bacon.
- Spoon the mayonnaise on top of the omelette then place the other half of the muffin on top.
I Love Eggs http://eggs.org.nz/