If you need to feed a large group for breakfast, this is a great method to cook batches of poached eggs in one go.
- 12 x Size 7 eggs
- 1 Tbsp of Water per muffin cup
- 1 x piece of toasted bread or muffin per serving
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°C.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of water into each muffin cup of a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Crack an egg into each cup and season with salt and pepper. Bake the eggs in the oven for 13 to 15 minutes – until the whites are just firm and the yolks are still runny.
- Remove tray from oven. Using a slotted spoon transfer the eggs to the serving plates.
- Serve on a bed of bacon, spinach, greens or fried ham on top of freshly toasted bread or muffins.