A clafoutis is a type of flan made of fruit (typically cherries) baked in a sweet batter. This plum variant will fill your house with delicious aromas.
Write a review
- 6 - 8 ripe plums
- 4 eggs
- 300 mL milk
- 80 grams plain flour
- 6 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 pinch salt
- Heat your oven to 190°C.
- Grease a 25cm flan tin or similar with butter and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of caster sugar over the bottom.
- Place plum halves, cut side down, so that they cover the entire bottom of the pie dish.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of sugar over the top of the plums.
- In a blender whizz 3 tablespoons of sugar, the eggs, milk, flour, lemon zest, cinnamon, vanilla and salt.
- Process until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Pour over the fruit in the pan.
- Bake for about one hour or until firm and lightly browned.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.
- Serve warm as is or with a little cream
- You can also substitute the fresh plums with other fresh fruits like pears or nectarines etc - or use canned sliced/halved fruits if it is more convenient or better availability due to season e.g.; apricots, plums, pears, peaches etc.
I Love Eggs http://eggs.org.nz/