Simple Baked Tomatoes, Chorizo, Feta & Eggs
A deliciously simple, healthy dinner that looks and tastes great. That's dinner cracked! Great value too - only $12 for four servings.
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup green olives (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g cooked chorizo sausage, sliced
- 150g feta
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently cook the onion and garlic until the onion is tender. Add the cumin and cook for a minute or so before adding the tomatoes, olives, oregano and butter.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Simmer for 20 minutes until the tomatoes are thick and saucy.
- Transfer the tomato mixture to an ovenproof dish, a lasagne style dish is ideal.
- Stir the chorizo and feta through the mixture and then make 4 indents near each corner - large enough to fit an egg.
- Break an egg into each cavity and sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until egg whites have set.
- Serve with crusty bread and a green salad.
I Love Eggs http://eggs.org.nz/