Speedy Egg Noodles
If you like noodles then make your own. It's healthier and full of natural goodness this recipe makes a super tasty light dinner. Serves 4 for only $8, that's Dinner Cracked!
Write a review
- 150g dried egg noodles
- 7 cups chicken stock
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely sliced
- 2cm knob fresh ginger, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- Cook the noodles in a saucepan of boiling salted water as per package directions. Drain well.
- In the same pan heat the chicken stock, carrots, ginger, garlic, and soy sauce and simmer for 10 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- In a bowl, lightly whisk the eggs and sesame oil. Season with salt. Stir the stock and then pour the eggs into the liquid. Allow to gently simmer for 1 minute before stirring to break up the eggs. Return the noodles to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Divide the soup amongst 4 bowls and garnish with remaining spring onions.
- Serve with chopped chilli and your favourite condiments.
I Love Eggs http://eggs.org.nz/