Superfood Egg Salad
Nutritional analysis per portion: Energy: 457kcals; Protein: 25.5g; Total fat: 26.7g; Sat fat: 4.9g; Salt: 0.2g
Write a review
- 4 eggs Size 7
- 1 pomegranate
- 120g broccolini
- 3 tablespoons of cooked quinoa
- Handful of soya beans
- 80g beansprouts
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp of wasabi paste
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- To cook the quinoa, put a pan on the stove and pour in half a pint of water. Add ¼ pint of dry uncooked quinoa. Bring to a simmer and cook covered for about 12-15 minutes. Drain away any water and allow to cool on a tray. Take the 3 tablespoons needed for above recipe (use the rest as you would rice or couscous). Put the cooled, cooked quinoa in a bowl.
- Cook the broccolini for 90 seconds in boiling water then cool it down in cold water. Chop each piece into 3 lengths.
- Cut the pomegranate in half and use a spoon to remove all the seeds. Separate away any membrane and place the seeds in the bowl with the quinoa.
- Add the soya beans, pumpkin seeds, the prepared broccoli and the beansprouts to the bowl.
- Peel and dice the avocado and add this to the bowl too.
- Separately whisk up the wasabi, lime juice and olive oil and pour this over the salad and mix well.
- Fill a frying pan with 5cm depth water, add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Crack the eggs onto a saucer and then tip them gently into the water. Reduce the heat so the water is just simmering and poach for 3 minutes for a runny yolk.
- Divide the salad between four bowls and top each with a warm poached egg.
- Credit: British Egg Industry Council
I Love Eggs http://eggs.org.nz/