Zucchini & Ham Frittata
The simple frittata is something you can play around with using different ingredients and tastes. It’s also something you can prepare for your lunch or dinner the next day.
Write a review
- 6 eggs (Size 7)
- 1 pinch of baking powder
- 3 small zucchini, grated or sliced thinly (reserve some slices to decorate the top)
- ½ onion, diced or sliced thinly
- ½ cup grated Cheddar or Tasty cheese
- 150 g shaved ham - torn or sliced into smaller pieces
- ½ cup baby spinach leaves (optional)
- 1 pinch chilli flakes
- Salt and Pepper
- Lightly grease a 27 cm pie dish or tin with oil (or line with baking paper) and preheat oven to 180C.
- Beat the eggs together. Add all remaining ingredients, season with salt and pepper and softly combine.
- Pour the mix into the lined tin and place some zucchini slices on the top. Bake for approx 30 minutes, until it’s no longer wobbly in the middle, and crisp and golden on the top.
- Serve warm or cold with a fruit or vegetable relish or chutney, and a green salad.
I Love Eggs http://eggs.org.nz/