These tasty mini pies are perfect for when you need a quick and easy brunch or lunch and are great for party snacks too. Adults and kids can’t get enough of them! See how easy they really are….WATCH THE RECIPE VIDEO BELOW;
Simply delicious, mini bacon and egg pies. Easy to make for breakfast, lunch, brunch, picnics, boating etc… Super naturally good for any gathering!
- 12 Size 7 eggs
- 1 extra egg – as a wash
- 5 – 6 puff pastry sheets, defrosted. (Note: Edmonds frozen pastry packs have 5 sheets 0 .75kg. You can cut 5 discs per sheet (4 wholes and 2 halves, and use the halves in bases)
- 150g of bacon, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp oil or Spray
- Tomato relish to serve
- Pre Heat Oven to 200ºC.
- Spray the muffin tray with some cooking oil.
- Use a cup or glass to cut out 24 circles of pastry. You can cut some half circles to avoid wastage .and use two of these together for bottom of pies.
- Line the individual mufﬁn tray cups with the the pastry circles.
- Sprinkle half of the bacon onto pastry in the tray.
- Crack 1 egg directly into each pie cup*. (If you prefer not to use whole eggs see the alternative method below).
- Sprinkle remainder half of the bacon onto each cup on top.
- Season each pie with salt and pepper.
- Place pre-cut rings of the pastry on tops, and press edges with fingers gently to seal.
- Beat the remaining egg and brush tops of pies with this egg wash.
- Prick the pastry tops with a fork.
- Bake for 25mins at 200 C
- Serve warm from the oven or cold.
*Alternative method: Beat the eggs together in a jug to mix and divide the mixture evenly between the pies pouring the mix into each muffin tin cup.
The Pies can be frozen for up to 3 months and thawed and reheated in a warm oven or microwave.