A variation of the traditional bacon and egg pie using filo pastry as a lighter base, with cheese and sweet corn to add extra flavour and texture. Delicious served hot or cold.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tin sweetcorn (or equivalent fresh cooked corn kernels)
- 1 red capsicum diced
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- 300gm of bacon, chopped into 1cm pieces
- 200gm tasty cheese, grated
- A small handful of finely chopped parsley
- 180gm frozen filo pastry
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 26cm flan or pie dish.
- Layer filo in the dish spraying a little oil or brushing melted butter in between each pastry sheet. Turn each sheet about 45° to the previous one to get an even covering.
- You’ll need about 6 layers of pastry.
- Whisk eggs together with cream and all the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture onto the pastry and pop pie into the oven.
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes depending on your oven.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve either directly from the pie dish or if your pan has
- a pop-out base transfer to a large board or plate to serve.
- Eggs are packed full of goodness with many natural vitamins and minerals so essential for maintaining good health for all ages, and natural protein to keep you fuller longer.
- For more delicious recipes, free e-recipe book, how to videos, health and nutritional information visit www.eggs.org.nz
- Serving Size: 8