Is this… the best pizza… ever? We think so! Such a simple idea that takes pizza to the next level with no fuss at all. Perfect for friday nights and the weekends.
- 1 Pizza base
- 4 Tbsp Tomato Paste or Pizza Paste
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 200 g Rindless Bacon cut into smaller pieces
- 250 g Mozzarella cheese – grated
- 6 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 x Spring onions – chopped finely
- Fresh Parsley
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper then spread the chopped bacon out in a single layer. Cook in the oven for 5-6 minutes until just starting to crisp.
- Mix the tomato paste, oil and garlic in a small bowl, stir well to combine. Place pizza bases on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Spread the base thinly with the paste, oil and garlic mix. NB keep the pizza edges clear of any paste and toppings for best results.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the base evenly, then break 4 eggs into each pizza (the bacon and cheese will help to hold the eggs in place).
- Bake for 15 -20 minutes or until the eggs are cooked and the bacon is crispy – not burnt, and the pizza crust is golden brown.
- Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and spring onions, salt and some freshly ground pepper to serve.
- Serving Size: 2