A mini pie for any occasion, encased in golden crispy filo pastry.
- 4 eggs
- 4 sheets of frozen filo pastry, thawed
- 2 rashers of bacon, eye part only
- 4 tbsp extra light sour cream
- 4 sprigs parsley, chopped
- Pepper to taste
- Spray oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray four compartments of a muffin tray with spray oil, cut the pasty into quarters (or to size) and gently press the pastry into the muffin tin.
- Place bacon onto a baking tray and cook in the oven for 3 – 4 minutes or until done. Place onto a kitchen towel to drain and cool. Cut each rasher in half and place one half into the base of the pastry shell.
- Mix sour cream, parsley and pepper together and spoon over the bacon. Crack egg over the sour cream mixture. Place in the oven and bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove from oven, carefully remove pastry from tin and serve.
- Eggs are packed full of goodness with many natural vitamins and minerals so essential for maintaining good health for all ages, and natural protein to keep you fuller longer. For more delicious recipes, free e-recipe newsletters and books, how to videos, health and nutritional information visit www.eggs.org.nz
- Serving Size: 4