Fudgey brownies are everyone’s favourite. These brownies make a decadent dessert and are a great recipe for any celebration.
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL)butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted icing sugar
- ¼ cup lo fat milk (1%)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; set aside. Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat; remove from heat. Stir in cocoa. Beat in brown sugar, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients and walnuts. Spray or butter a 23 cm square pan. Spread batter in pan.
- Bake in preheated 180°C oven for 40 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool completely.
- Melt butter over low heat in medium saucepan. Remove from heat. Stir in cocoa and vanilla. Stir in icing sugar and milk until smooth and of spreading consistency. Spread icing over cooled brownies. Decorate with sprinkles.
CREDIT: Recipe and Image courtesy of Egg Farmers of Canada.