A super naturally delicious burger that’s easy to prep and make.
Taste the difference of homemade – a really great recipe for families, students, flats.
- 1– 2 x bacon rashers (or vegetarian bacon substitute)
- 1 x egg
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Vegetable or Olive Oil Spray
- 1 x burger bun (plain, sesame, bap or brioche)
- Sliced cucumber, or sliced gherkins/pickles
- 1 x cheese slice. Edam or Swiss tastes great in this recipe
- Sliced fresh tomatoes
- 1 x Tbsp aioli or mayonnaise (optional)
- Tomato or BBQ Sauce
- Heat a pan to medium heat and coat the base lightly with the oil
- Cut the bacon into even strips and fry until just turning crispy. Set aside on a paper towel to drain.
- Fry the egg in the same pan to your liking – soft, runny or hard i.e. easy over. Split the buns and lightly toast in a toaster
- Build the layers how you like it – Assemble the burgers on the toasted bun with cooked bacon, cheese, sliced tomatoes, cucumber or pickles, and egg
- Add fresh ground black pepper to taste and finish with the sauce
- Spread fresh mayo/aioli on the other bun (optional). Place the bun on top of the burger to serve. Enjoy!
Push a toothpick through the top bun to hold the burger together better when serving, or eating
You can use any type of bacon cuts for this burger;
- For pork free diets you can substitute the bacon ‘chicken bacon’ available in most supermarkets
- Vegetarians and vegans can substitute with vegetarian ‘bacon’ strips, available in selected supermarket aisles or chillers in the vegetarian areas
For a deliciously quick and easy home made aioli check out these recipes: eggs.org.nz/project/aioli-4-ways/
- Serving Size: 1