This tasty and simple salad is a great recipe for vegetarians.
- 450g new potatoes, halved
- 225g cauliflower
- 100g whole green beans
- 4 eggs – Size 7
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 fresh tomatoes, quartered
- 1 (420g) can chick peas, drained
- 20ml/1tbsp reduced calorie mayonnaise
- Rind and juice of 1 lime
- 3tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1tbsp mango chutney
- 1tbsp medium curry paste
- Naan bread to serve (optional)
- Place the potatoes in a large pan of water, cover and bring to the boil, simmer for 5 mins. Meanwhile, place the eggs in a medium pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 6 mins, then drain. Crack and peel away the shells and quarter the eggs.
- Add cauliflower and beans to the potato pan and cook for 5 mins or until tender. Drain and rinse in cold water until cold. Place in a large salad bowl; add the eggs, onion, tomatoes and chick peas.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together with 45ml/3tbsp water. Just before serving, toss the dressing into the salad.
- Serve immediately with naan bread.
- Credit: British Egg Industry Council
- Serving Size: 4