A delicious spread that is so simple to make and tastes yummy!
- 100 g Butter cut into small cubes
- 3 med Lemons – zest and juice
- 180 g Caster sugar
- 3 Eggs whisked with a fork
- Place a bowl over simmering water in a pot. Ensure the bowl is not touching the water.
- To the bowl add the lemon zest and lemon juice, butter cubes, sugar and eggs.
- Slowly stir the mix until butter is melted and sugar has completely dissolved.
- Keep stirring occasionally until the mixture thickens – around 20 minutes.
- Pour into pre sterilised jars and seal for storage or use immediately. Refrigerate after opening.
- Serve on warm toasted bagels or toast, use as a spread on sandwiches or fill mini tartlet cases topped with fruit.