This salad delivers all the delicious flavours of the Mediterranean – in one bowl.
2 soft boiled eggs
4 cups of mixed greens
1 cup roasted broccoli
1 ½ tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
4 tbsp toasted almonds – chopped
1 cup couscous, cooked
10 cherry tomatoes, cut in halves or quarters
4 tbsp hummus
20 leaves fresh mint, cut in halves
2 roasted red peppers, sliced in strips
Honey Oregano Dressing
2 tsp runny honey
1 tbsp (15 mL) balsamic vinegar
¼ cup (60 mL) olive oil
1 tsp dijon mustard
¼ tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped (or ¾ tsp dried)
- Set your oven to 200°C.
- In a bowl, mix together the broccoli with lemon juice and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread the broccoli on a baking paper lined tray and roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Once done, remove from oven and let cool.
- Place all the ingredients for the honey oregano dressing in a Mason jar or plastic container with a lid, shake vigorously and then set aside.
- Fill your bowl with mixed greens and drizzle with the dressing.
- Starting at the top of the bowl place a pile of the roasted broccoli, then the cherry tomatoes, followed by the couscous, the fresh mint, the toasted almonds, the roasted red peppers, and ending with the hummus.
- Place the soft boiled egg in the center of the salad bowl and drizzle another tablespoon of the dressing over, ready to serve.
Recipe and image credit: Egg Farmers of Canada.