- 12 Eggs + 1 extra Egg to wash the pastry
- 1kg puff pastry sheets (shortcrust works well too)
- 150g of bacon, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp oil or butter to grease the mufﬁn tray
- 1 small white onion, finely diced
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Heat oven to 200˚C. Grease and line the individual mufﬁn trays with pastry.
- Sprinkle half of the bacon evenly into each lined muffin pastry case.
- In a bowl, crack the eggs, and add the onion and cheese. Whisk gently with a fork.
- Evenly pour the mixture into each muffin pan, being careful not to overfill.
- Add the remaining bacon evenly on top of the egg mixture, then cover each one with a round of pastry. Pinch around the edges to seal the lid, then brush with an egg wash.
- Prick a few holes in the lid.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 25-30 mins or until cooked and golden.
- Eggs are packed full of goodness and many natural vitamins and minerals so essential for maintaining good health for all ages, and gram-packed full of natural protein to keep you fuller longer. For more delicious recipes and to register for free monthly recipe newsletters, e-recipe books, how to videos, health and nutritional information and more visit www.eggs.org.nz