This is one of the best combinations of salad ingredients ever invented!
- 4 eggs
- 425g Tuna (1 med can – chunky style) drained
- 15 fresh thin green beans, boiled briefly – then cooled in ice cold water
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small head of green lettuce
- 1 spring onion – sliced
- 75 grams pitted black olives – sliced
- 1 med red capsicum – seeded and sliced
- 1 small cucumber – sliced thinly
- For the dressing
- 7 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice or wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp French mustard
- 1 garlic clove peeld and crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Boil the eggs in a pot for 5-6 mins. Let cool and then peel and slice in halves or quarters
- Lay the lettuce in a large salad bowl (or divide among smaller individual bowls for single servings).
- Add the cooked beans, tuna, spring onion, capsicum, cucumber, olives and tomatoes.
- Top the salad with the boiled eggs.
- Pour the dressing over the salad to taste to serve (use as much or as little as you like).
To make the dressing
- The easiest way to make a salad dressing is to put all the ingredients in a clean jam jar, put the lid on and shake vigorously for 5-10 secs until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad to taste (use as much or as little as you like).