- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 x large kiwifruit, peeled and sliced thinly and halved
- 1 x 250g punnet strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 x 120g punnet raspberries
- 350ml cream
- Small mint leaves to garnish
- Preheat oven 150˚C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Draw two 25cm diameter circles on each piece of baking paper. (TIP: You can use a standard frypan or cake tin to draw the outline around).
- Place egg whites into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on medium high speed until stiff peaks form. Gradually add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, until sugar dissolves and the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Divide mixture evenly between trays and spread with the back of a spoon until an even thickness.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, swapping trays half way, and baked until crisp and dry. Turn heat off and leave in the oven with door ajar for 1 hour or until completely cooled.
- Combine berries and mix well. Beat cream with electric beaters to firm peaks.
- Place one of the meringue discs onto serving plate and spread with a third of the cream. Scatter over a third of the berries and place remaining meringue on top. Spoon remaining cream and pile on berries and kiwi fruit.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 10