A deliciously simple and tasty frittata – perfect for lunch or dinner.
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped frozen hash browns
- 175 g dry-cured chorizo sausage, casing removed and cubed
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp smoked or regular paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- Pinch cayenne
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat oil in medium non-stick, oven-proof skillet or cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Cook hash browns, stirring often, for 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add chorizo sausage, red pepper, rosemary, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cayenne. Cook, stirring often, for 3 to 5 minutes or until sausage starts to brown. Spread evenly in skillet. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs until blended and pour evenly over sausage mixture. Bake in oven for 7 to 8 minutes or until set. Serve warm, cut into wedges.
- Serving Size: 4
Recipe and Photo Credit: Courtesy Egg Farmers of Canada