Everyone will rush to the dinner table for this delicious frittata. Sweetcorn, smoked sausage chunks and Cheddar cheese fill this tasty dish that’s ready in just 20 minutes!
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup cream style canned sweetcorn
- 1 cup cooked or frozen mixed vegetables (e.g. peas, carrots, capsicum)
- 1/2 cup diced smoked sausage (e.g. Polish, Kielbasa)
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven grill.
- Whisk eggs and pepper in medium bowl. Stir in sweetcorn, vegetables and sausage.
- Spray a 25 cm ovenproof frying pan with cooking spray. Heat over a medium heat. Pour in egg mixture. As mixture sets around edge of pan, with a spatula gently lift cooked portions to allow uncooked egg to flow underneath. Cook until bottom is set and top is almost set.
- Sprinkle cheese over top. Place skillet under preheated grill for 2 to 3 minutes to melt cheese (or cover with lid until and cook for a couple minutes on stovetop). Loosen frittata around edge of pan, then cut into wedges to serve.
- Recipe and Image courtesy of Egg Farmers of Canada.
- Serving Size: 4