With an egg in the house, there’s always a quick nutritious meal at hand.
- 8 eggs
- 1 red onion, sliced
- dash of oil for frying
- 3-4 tblsp tikka masala curry paste (or another favourite curry paste)
- 400 gram can chopped tomatoes or Indian spiced tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup thick, creamy Greek-style yoghurt
- handful of freshly chopped coriander
- fresh tomato and red onion chutney
- ½ small red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 medium-sized juicy tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime, grated rind and juice
- 1. Hard boil eggs, cool, peel and quarter.
- 2. Cook red onion in a dash of oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in tikka masala curry paste and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- 3. Add tomatoes, water and simmer covered for 3-4 minutes. Fold through the eggs, yoghurt and a handful of coriander. Do not boil.
- 4. Serve the meal with Indian accompaniments such as naan bread, rice, raitas and chutneys.
- 5. Fresh tomato and red onion chutney
- 6. Toss all ingredients together and allow to stand for 10 minutes for the flavours to blend.
- Serving Size: 4
For more recipes visit www.allysongofton.co.nz