Frittata with vine tomatoes and asparagus is delightful for brunches, lunches, or dinners.
- 6 eggs (Size 7)
- 1 pinch of baking powder
- 3 vines of small, ripe tomatoes
- ½ onion, diced or sliced thinly
- ½ cup grated Parmesan or Tasty cheese
- 1 x bunch of fresh asparagus
- fresh thyme
- Salt and Pepper
- Lightly grease a 27 cm pie dish or tin with oil (or line with baking paper) and preheat oven to 180C.
- Quickly rinse the asparagus, pat dry with paper towels and snap the woody ends off. Beat the eggs together. Add the onion and cheese, and season with salt and pepper and softly combine ingredients with a fork or spoon.
- Pour the mix into the lined tin and place the asparagus and vine tomatoes on the top. Sprinkle over the fresh thyme.
- Bake for approx 30 minutes, until the mixture is no longer wobbly in the middle, and it’s crisp and golden on the top.
- Serve warm or cold, with a fruit or vegetable relish or chutney, and a crisp green salad.