These yummy popovers are ideal for any occasion! Add basil, dill and thyme or grated citrus depending on your taste or mood.
- 3 x size 7 eggs
- 1 cup milk (240ml)
- 125 gm butter, melted
- 1 cup (130 gms) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp of fresh or dried herbs/spices or fresh citrus peel of your choice and taste
- Pre heat the oven to 220°C.
- Beat eggs in mixer bowl on medium speed until foamy. Blend the milk and butter into the egg mix.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Add the flour and salt, herbs or spices; beat until smooth, approx 3 minutes.
- Fill 12 pre greased muffin pan cups with the batter – each cup to half full.
- Bake in the oven until puffed, well browned and firm – around 35 to 40 minutes.
- For crispier popovers, pierce the side of each popover with the tip of a sharp knife, and bake for 3 to 6 minutes longer.
- Loosen the popover edges with a knife if necessary and SERVE immediately.
- Steam makes popovers rise during baking but it will also make them soggy inside if not released. Piercing the popovers when they are almost done allows the steam to escape. A few more minutes in the oven helps crisp them up. Pierce the side or top with tip of a thin knife or wooden skewer.
- Recipe Credit: Incredible Eggs USA
- Serving Size: 12