The quick, smart start to the day. A protein-packed breakfast helps sustain mental and physical energy throughout the day. So an egg, which has 6 grams of high-quality protein, is a smart place to start. Depending on how you choose to cook it, an egg can also be a quick start to your day. Crack an egg in to a slice of bread and you have eggs and toast all cooked in one pan, and the satisfaction of knowling you have plenty of energy to get through a busy work or school day.
- 1 thick slice of bread (sourdough)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 large egg
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut a hole into the centre of the slice of bread (approx 7cm).
- Heat oil and butter in a small frying pan and fry bread on one side.
- Turn bread over (adding a little more oil and butter if necessary) and crack egg into the hole in the bread.
- Fry until egg is set to your liking (covering the pan with a pot lid will help cook the egg and yolk quicker.
- Serve with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- An egg has no sugar, no carbs, no gluten, 6 grams of high quality protein, over 11 essential vitamins & minerals and only 70 calories.
- Serving Size: 1