These are great single serve frittatas and can be served serve hot or cold, at home or on a picnic.
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cuplow fat milk
- 1/2 cupgrated cheese (Edam, Tasty, Mild etc)
- 400g fresh or tinned asparagus
- 6 rashers of bacon
- 1 tin of sweetcorn
- Preheat oven to 180° C.
- Cut 12 15x15cm squares of baking paper and use these to line muffin tin.
- Chop bacon into pieces and fry or grill whole rashers and then chop into small pieces.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and cheese together and season with pepper. Combine sweet corn.
- Cut asparagus into 3cm sized pieces, keeping aside the tips to decorate, and place cut stalks into the muffin tin.
- Divide the egg mixture between all the frittatas.
- Finish with asparagus tips and a crumble of blue cheese if using.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and the egg has set.
- Serve hot or cold.
- You can also use this recipe for a large frittata. Simply pour the mix into a large baking dish.
- Serving Size: 8