A super naturally delicious burger that’s easy to make. Taste the difference of homemade! This is a great recipe for one or two, and for families, students, flats etc.
- 1 x egg
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Vegetable or Olive Oil Spray
- 1 x burger bun (plain, sesame, bap or brioche)
- 2 bacon rashers – you can also use meat-free bacon strips or other alternatives
- Lettuce leaves – washed
- 1 x Tomato, sliced
- 1 x Tbsp aioli or mayonnaise (optional)
- BBQ Sauce
- Lightly coat a pan with olive oil spray and fry bacon rashers until just crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and lay on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- Crack the egg into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on a medium heat – or longer if you prefer a harder yolk.
- Split the buns and lightly toast in a toaster.
Build the burger with layers any way you like it…
- On the toasted bottom bun stack the bacon, egg, sliced tomatoes, cucumber or pickles, lettuce etc.
- Add fresh ground black pepper to taste and finish off with sauce(s) of your choice.
- Spread fresh mayo/aioli on the other top bun (optional). Place the bun on top of the burger to serve. Enjoy!
- Optional; Add a few slices of avocado if you like this classic BLT combination
- Push a toothpick through the top bun to hold the burger together better when serving for eating
- For a deliciously quick and easy home made aioli go to: eggs.org.nz/project/aioli-4-ways/
- Serving Size: 1
Keywords: Bacon and Egg Burger