A super naturally delicious healthier chicken burger that’s easy to prep and make. Taste the difference of homemade – a great recipe for one or two, and for families, students, flats etc.
- 1 x egg (beaten)
- 1 cup of Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Vegetable or Olive Oil Spray
- 1 x burger bun (plain, sesame, bap or brioche)
- 2 skinless boneless chicken tenders
- Sliced cucumber, or sliced gherkins/pickles
- Lettuce leaves – washed
- 1 x Tomato, sliced
- 1 x Tbsp aioli or mayonnaise (optional)
- BBQ or Sweet Chilli Sauce – or if you prefer, pesto sauce
- Preheat the oven to 230C. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil or baking paper and spray with cooking oil or spray.
- Place beaten egg in a shallow dish. Place bread crumbs, paprika, salt, and pepper into a large zip-top freezer bag and mix well. Dip the chicken strips into the egg and then place into the bag of bread crumb mixture and shake to coat evenly.
- Spray each chicken tender with cooking spray 2 times on both sides. Place coated chicken onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken in a preheated oven for 7 minutes; flip and continue to bake opposite side until no longer pink in the centres – approx 7 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Split the buns and lightly toast in a toaster – or under the oven grill.
Build the burger with layers how you like it…
- Assemble the burgers; on the toasted bun stack the cooked chicken, sliced tomatoes, cucumber or pickles, lettuce etc.
- Add fresh ground black pepper to taste and finish with the sauce of choice.
- Spread fresh mayo/aioli on the other bun (optional). Place the bun on top of the burger to serve. Enjoy!
- Grill the tenders in the preheated oven for extra crunch for about 2 minutes more.
- Optional; Add a fried egg and/or a cheese slice on top if you like this combination
- Push a toothpick through the top bun to hold the burger together better when serving or eating
- For a deliciously quick and easy home made aioli go to: eggs.org.nz/project/aioli-4-ways/
- Serving Size: 1
Keywords: Chicken Burger