Seasonal vegetables grilled on the BBQ topped with runny poached eggs. This recipe is perfect for summer brunch or lunch.
- 2 Courgettes
- 1 small red onion
- 1 Capsicum
- 1 clove Garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- A little olive oil
- 2 size 6 eggs
- A little lemon juice (optional)
- Cut the vegetables into thick slices, about 1cm thick.
- Brush with a little oil and grill over medium heat until cooked but still firm.
- Meanwhile poach eggs.
- Place the vegetables on a plate and top with poached eggs and season to taste with salt and pepper and lemon juice.
- The runny yolk is nature’s finest sauce and is perfect for this summer idea.
- Use any other vegetables that you like. Add potatoes or kumara for a more substantial meal.
- Serving Size: 2