Cook this dish in a roasting pan with a flat base. No other pans required so minimal washing up. This recipe is big enough to feed the family with left-overs for lunch the next day. Just scale the recipe down if you want to make a smaller version
- 15 eggs
- 250mls cream
- 180gm Blue Cheese
- 1 Butternut squash peel and chopped into 2cm cubes
- 2 medium size onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage leaves (or use dried)
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and squashed under a knife and left hole- not chopped (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 200°C.
- Put the pumpkin, onions and garlic in a roasting pan.
- Add the sage and oil and toss to coat the pumpkin.
- Cook for about 30mins in the oven or until the pumpkin has softened and the onions are cooked.
- Remove from the oven and re-set the temperature to 160°C.
- While the pupmkin mixture cools whisk the eggs and cream together and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg and cream over the pumpkin.
- Crumble the blue cheese evenly over the egg.
- Return the pan to the oven and cook for 30-40mins or until the egg is set.
- Allow to cool a little before serving
- Serve on it’s own with a little pickle or with vegetables or salad
- Serving Size: 8