These make a great meal or breakfast on the go, just roll your burrito, wrap it in tinfoil and you have a super nutritious, whole-food based breakfast that’s packed full of protein, vitamins and nutrients.
- 2 eggs per burrito
- 2 tbsp milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup (ish) grated cheese
- Additional fillings (use whatever you have on hand – this doesn’t need to be time consuming!) Try; chopped ham, bacon, chorizo, capsicum, tomato, onion, mushrooms, spinach, refried beans, potatoes, hash browns, potato pom poms, avocado, sour cream, salsa, cilantro.
- Spray the frying pan with cooking spray.
- If you’re using them, cook chopped bacon or chorizo first, drain fat if necessary. Spray pan with cooking spray and add any veges you’re including (I added onion, red capsicum and mushroom). Give the veges a 3-5 minute head start to soften. Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper and cheese. Add to pan with your vegetables and stir constantly until your eggs are fluffy and cooked.
- Warm tortillas in microwave for 20 seconds (they will break if you try and fold them when they are cold).
- Spread tortilla with a thin layer of sour cream. Place bacon in a strip down the middle of the tortilla leaving a 5cm gap at the bottom. Place egg/vege mixture on top of the bacon. Dress with hot sauce, salsa, cilantro, jalapenos etc (again, just whatever is easy and already on hand!) Fold bottom edge up towards middle, then each side in towards the middle.
- Wrap in foil to eat on your commute on devour right away.
- Credits: Recipe and image courtesy of Melissa at thebestnest.co.nz