Baked potatoes stuffed with your favourite quiche mixture. Yummy!
The recipe will vary depending on the size of your potatoes.
Potatoes can be pre-ccoked while you’re using the oven for something else and kept in the fridge.
- 6 large potatoes – suitable for baking
- 4 rashers of bacon, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 100mls cream
- 1/2 cup of grated cheese
- 1 medium size onion finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- a little oil
- fresh or dried parsley (chopped if fresh)
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- Brush the potatoes with oil and prick a few holes in them with a fork.
- Cook for about 1 hour or until tender.
- Cut a lid off and scoop out the cooked potato, and discard.
- Fry the bacon and onion in a pan until cooked.
- Whisk the eggs together with the cream and then add the cheese, cooked bacon and onion. Season with salt and pepper and add the chopped parsley.
- Fill the potatoes with the egg mixture.
- Return to the oven and cook for about 20 minutes or until the egg has set.
- Serve hot or cold with vegetables and your favourite sauce or chutney.
- Serving Size: 6