This dish packs a lot of flavour. Wonderful for brunch or a quick mid-week dinner
- 4 eggs
- 3 rashers of good bacon cut into pieces
- 1 medium size courgette, diced
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen peas (minted works well)
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 100ml chicken or vegetable stock (or water if you don’t have stock)
- a little oil for frying
- Salt &; Pepper
- In a pan over low-medium heat fry the bacon, onion and courgette until the bacon is lightly browned, and the onion has softened.
- Add the garlic and fry for a further 1 minute. Season with salt & Pepper to taste.
- Add the peas and stock or water. Simmer gently until the peas are thawed.
- Crack the eggs carefully on to the mixture and cover the pan with a lid or plate.
- Continue to simmer over a low heat until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Serving Size: 2