- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 400g truss cherry tomatoes, cut into four serves
- 4 slices ‘day old’ sourdough bread or similiar, about 2 cm thick
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 thin slices prosciutto, grilled and finely diced
- 2 tsp shredded fresh basil leaves
- Whisk the eggs and milk together and pour into a shallow dish. Soak the bread for 15 minutes, turning once.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the tomatoes onto the tray and bake for 15 minutes, until soft.
- Lightly oil a large non stick frying pan. Cook the bread in batches over medium low heat for 2 minutes each side. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Serve the French toast with the roasted tomatoes, and sprinkle with the diced prosciutto and basil.
- Recipe Credit: Australian Egg Corporation www.eggs.org.au/recipes
- Serving Size: 2