A clever twist on the traditional pasta carbonara using day-old cooked rice. Really fast and delicious
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 rashers of bacon chopped
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 6 cups of cooked rice
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- 1 a little oil for frying
- 1 a handful of chopped parsley
- salt & pepper
- In a large frying pan or similar fry the bacon pieces and the onion in a little oil until cooked.
- Add the cooked rice and cook gently until the rice is hot.
- Stir frequently so that the rice doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Whisk the eggs and egg yolks together in a bowl with a little salt 7 pepper (bacon and cheese are both salty so don’t over do the salt)
- Once the rice is steaming hot remove from heat and pour the egg mixture in and stir with a fork vigorously so that the egg mixture coats the rice evenly while it cooks.
- Add half of the cheese once the egg is almost cooked and stir again.
- Serve with a little extra cheese, chopped parsley and pepper on top
- Add chopped capsicum, tomato, spinach or courgette while heating the rice