This easy weeknight meal is sure to be a winner with the kids. It’s quick to make and you can vary the ingredients according to whatever you have to hand.
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 400g frozen hash browns, partially defrosted
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum, chopped
- 400g can sweetcorn kernels, drained
- 100g ham pieces
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the grill to 180°C.
- Break hash browns into pieces and place in a medium non stick frying pan.
- Cook until the pieces are turning golden brown on both sides.
- While they are cooking chop and add the onion, capsicum, ham and corn.
- Continue cooking until the vegetables are turning light golden.
- Don’t worry if the hash browns break up a bit.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into the pan and cook gently, tilting the pan so the uncooked egg runs to the edges.
- When the egg is set around the edges and beginning to firm in the middle, place the pan under the grill to finish cooking.
- The potato cake should be firm and golden brown when cooked.
- Serve with a crisp salad and your favourite red sauce – tomato, barbecue or chilli.
- Serving Size: 4