It’s hard to think of a food item that is SO so versatile when it comes to cooking, and the benefits from incorporating a few more eggs into your weekly diet are incredible.
I wanted to come up with a super speedy but hella delicious recipe I can cook up on a weekday morning before work, that makes me feel that I’m eating a weekend brunch dish from my local cafe and gives me a tasty excuse to fry up a golden, runny yolked egg.
- 1 Bagel, sliced in half & toasted
- Onion relish or jam
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 3–5 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 rashers streaky bacon, pan fried
- 1 fresh egg, pan fried
- To construct the bagel, spread the onion jam on the bottom half of the bagel. Top with the baby spinach, followed by the avocado and tomatoes.
- Drizzle with aioli, lay the bacon down then place the egg on top.
- Season, then rest the other bagel half on top and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
CREDITS: Recipe and images courtesy of inrhispantry.com